Thursday, July 1, 2010

SF Gay Pride(?) 2010: Is YouTube Transphobic Wittmann51, DLC's Marshal Wittmann?

Share


Or, I just got them confused?

Probably not judging by the overwhelmingly militaristic tendencies in his YouTube Channel's Videos, but since I do not know for sure, let's say I got them confused.

I'm more than a bit ticked-off by what transpired on the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade 2010.

This is how it started to raise our hopes that... Finally!!! Transgender Folk's Role in the struggle for equality, was to be recognized, at least in San Francisco where we had the first recorded act of Defiance, IN OUR HISTORY, against the abuse:

Trans People are LEADING the San Francisco Pride Parade
June 14, 2010, For Immediate Release

The Center of Excellence for Transgender Health is proud to announce that trans people will be the Lead Contingent for the 2010 San Francisco Pride Parade on Sunday, June 27th! The lead contingent directly follows the Dykes on Bikes and the official SF Pride float. This historic first is a wonderful opportunity to show that trans people are proud, united, and fierce!

"From the Compton's Cafeteria riot and the Stonewall rebellion through today, transgender people have always been at the forefront of the LGBT movement," said Amy Andre, the Executive Director of San Francisco Pride. In recognizing the many significant contributions of trans community members to the larger LGBT movement, San Francisco Pride honors our trans communities with the invitation to participate as the Lead Contingent for the Parade.


At El / La Para Translatinas, where we are always in action [MAYDAY 2010 (Our 4th year)], [Vagina Monologues in Spanish (San Jose, 2nd time & first in SF 2009] the excitement was so great! I, being the oldest of it's members, was very doubtful that it would really happen, how would be otherwise? With a large segment of the Gay community and parts of the Lesbian Community still exhibiting their historical active and latent Transphobia, why should this time be any different?

I told my younger and beautiful sisters, good luck! As for me, I will not march again in this Gay Parade until the LGBT community is fully inclusive - I was asked: Again? What do you mean? Well, I said, as a matter of fact, this will be the 11th year of my personal boycott of the Gay Pride Parade, which should be renamed, Gay Shame, the last time I was in it, was 1999.

Back to SF Gay Pride Parade 2010.

Albeit I didn't even go to watch it, I was curious if it had really happened and how did it look, I searched for videos and found the ones (3) posted by wittmann51, I viewed the first, which at it's end had the 'River City Gems' Contingent (Sacramento), I thought this was weird, because they were behind the Transgender Contingent, which was not leading the Parade, in fron of them was Cheer Started by a Gay Man and who do great work but, as far as I know, were not scheduled to lead the parade, but they were ahead of the Transgender People.

I don't know and maybe it really doesn't matter if they (Cheer) were thought more important or the Cheer group just cut in front, I'm inclined to think the latter is what happened, why not cut in front? After all, they are just Transgender Folk who will take it from us, least they be labeled 'divisive' or, maybe selfish or, discontent.

So, I started watching wittman51's video one, this is what I saw:

Dykes on Bikes
Mikes on Bikes
Cupcake Cars
SF Official Gay Pride Float was around here, I think.
Cheer San Francisco
Cheer LA
Cheer Sacramento
The Transgender Contingent, which included the River City Gems, marched in this slot, but it was cut out of the video, except for the Gems, which were shown.

See for yourself



This is the part that was cut out or, left out or, not included, whatever! (Aprox. 1:24 min.)

San Francisco Pride Parade 2010 Trans Contingent



I'm trying to figure out why, what was the objection? The many, many ENDA signs carried by my community?
I also ask: Is wittmann51 a Transphobic Gay? I saw the other 2 videos and there appears to be a lot of attention on his part for young, good looking gays.
Or, is he just another Transphobic Hetero Male?

Is he the same Marshall Wittmann of the DLC?

DLC Mooseshit: A Letter to Marshall Wittman - The BEAST: Buffalo's ...
DLC Moose Shit. Matt Taibbi ...Marshall Wittmann, the former legislative director for the Christian Coalition and also a veteran talking head of such

The reason I ask is that if you look at the videos in his YouTube Channel, would fit this guy's militaristic tendencies in them, I have not checked out all of his videos, but at a glance, it is about war plane, tanks, et al.

Whatever the case may be, he cut out the Transgender Contingent in SF Gay Pride(?) 2010 Parade.

As you may know, many of us in the Transgender Community have huge issues at how we are thrown overboard, under a bus or just left behind, the latest and most notorious is passage of an ENDA which also protects Transgender Folk.

Still remains to be seen if HRC and assorted Gays and Lesbians will leave us behind again, or if, for a change, this time they will not accept anything that it is not fully inclusive -- my money is on that is that if a bill which covers sex orientation but not transgender folk is offered and has a chance of passing, it will be another instance of 'we will come back for you transgender sisters and brothers' - don't worry, we will help you.
I hope I'm wrong in spite of decades of exclussion and discrimination Hate 101: Gay and Lesbian Transphobia - Historical, and also looking at the "Traditional Support" by the HRC Why The Transgender Community Hates HRC .

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but since Sunday, I've cooking in my own juices and, by now, I need to get it out.

I also feel that the ENDA Bill will be again stripped of the protection clause/s for Transgender People.

Will the TG Community be thrown under de bus again?


I heart FeedBurner

No comments: